Because of the many varied and often quickly changing needs of our shelter and the animals we care for, cash is the most useful type of donation. Donations of more than $20 are entitled to a charitable tax receipt. Cash donations can be made in the following ways:
- In person at the shelter. We are open 1 to 7 p.m. daily at our location on 16th Street in Weyburn next to the Fire Hall.
- A mailed cheque or money order. Please send your donation to: PO Box 1062, Weyburn, Saskatchewan, S4H 2L3.
- With a debit or credit card online via Canada helps. To donate via Canada Helps, please click the linked image below to go directly to the page for donating to our organization.
- E-Transfer. Contact us for more information on this procedure.
Other types of donations also help us care for our animals and are gladly received. Money can be added to our account at Prairie Animal Health Centre to help us care for sick animals, cover the costs of spaying and neutering and more. Gift cards for Real Canadian Wholesale Club, Prairie Sky Coop, Wal-Mart and PetValu are also versatile and always appreciated.
We are grateful for donations of specific items but ask that you check with the shelter before spending your money to see what is most needed. Our current shelter is old and has limited storage space so your dollars will help us the most if you check first to see what we need. Items we frequently need include:
- Yesterday’s News Cat Litter
- Big black trash bags
- Cat, dog, kitten and puppy food
- Blankets and beds
- Cat and dog treats
- And more…
To check with the shelter what we are most in need of call 306-848-PETS (7387) or visit our Facebook page.
We also collect bottles for recycling to help fund our operations. You can drop your bags of bottles (with the caps removed) off at the shelter. We also offer a free pick up service where we will come right to your door!