The WHS is holding their ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING Tuesday January 7th, 2020 at Zion Lutheran Church beginning at 7:30pm.
At this meeting, our Accountant from Cogent will be presenting the Financial Review from the last Fiscal year October 1, 2018 to September 30, 2019.
We will be holding our election of 12 board members. If you are interested in joining our organization and sitting on our board here are some requirements we ask of you.
- You need to have a paid membership. Membership is valid for one year – from AGM to the next AGM. Forms are available at the shelter and you can submit payment there by cash, cheque, debit or by E transfer. Membership can also be paid the night of the AGM before the meeting begins. (cash only) Regular membership is $15.00, Family is $20.00 and allows for two members of the family living at the same address voting privileges and Senior membership 65 years or older for $10.00.
- You must commit to attending monthly meetings which are held in the evening and last between 60 to 90 minutes depending on the agenda.
- You must be willing to help with fundraising events. Each fundraiser we host requires a Board Member to chair it as representative of our organization. This can be a challenging responsibility depending on the event, but we do work as a team so there is always help and support. Apart from public donations, Fundraising is our main source of revenue and most important to the organization’s existence.
If you feel you could be an asset to our team, either as a member of our board or as a much needed volunteer, please contact us or attend the AGM.
PetValu Weyburn is hosting an adoption weekend and has invited us to attend. Friday April 26th from 4pm until 7pm. Saturday April 27th from 1pm until 4pm. We will have some adorable puppies and kitties for you to meet and hopefully fall in love with!
Here is a sample . . . . .
One of our biggest fundraisers is back for it’s third consecutive year at the Weyburn Golf Club. This years event takes place on Friday June 28th.
We are still looking for sponsorships for various aspects of this event and welcome all offers! You can read more about sponsorship and download the package here.
We are now accepting registration for the golf classic. You can download the registration form here.
We are excited to offer this new and fun family fundraising event!
Please call Bowl ‘n Play to book your spot before they are all taken.
Our volunteers are ready to accept your donated items for our fundraising event! We ask that your items be clean and in good working order.
We have some restrictions. We will not accept the following:
- children’s car seats
- old tube TVs
- older large computer monitors
- heavy furniture! If you can’t lift it we can’t either!
- broken toys or small bits and pieces of toys
If you have items you have been storing in boxes in a shed or garage for some time, please go through the box to ensure no rodents have made a nest or left droppings that may be a health hazard to our volunteers or the public.
For more information please call the shelter 306-848-7387
SALE DATES ARE:
- Wednesday May 8th from 10am until 8pm
- Thursday May 9th from 12 noon until 7pm
- Friday May 10th from 12 noon until 4pm
There are no prices on MOST items (some more expensive items will be priced). You pay by making a donation. Consider what the item is worth and make us an offer.
Payment is by cash or debit only. No checks accepted.
The money made from this important fundraising event will goin to our general operating fund.
Thank You for your support.